SCOPE & OPPORTUNITIES
This program usually covers topics such as accounting and financial management. The program also covers emerging technologies and sustainability. Technology managers keep up with fast-changing technology developments and innovations. They understand products and services and what new ones that will thrive in the market.
Graduate in Management &Technology go on to become chief technology officers, project manager, business development executive/manager, product manager, marketing manager, analytics manager, business analyst, technical program manager, senior product manager, and technical product manager. Annual salaries in the US range between $48,000 and $130,000. IBM, BAE Systems, United Technologies Corporation, Lowe’s Companies, and Atmel Corporation are among popular companies.
In Pakistan, salaries for Technology Managers start from PKR 60K for a fresher and go on to Rs. 2 lakh per month in a few years.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
Consistent with the Department Vision and Mission, the Program Educational Objectives of the study program BS Management & Technology are to educate individuals with interdisciplinary and practical knowledge who:
- PEO-1: Make successful careers as managers in industry, R&D organizations, laboratories and business incubators.
- PEO-2: Provide services and/or Start up technology management Consulting firms.
- PEO-3: Serve the society with their innovative ideas to manage various technologies and developed products within a diverse environment maintaining ethical standards required for certain technology operation.
- PEO-4: Promote continuous development of professional know how but also their social knowledge and skills.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLOs) /GRADUATE ATTRIBUTES
After graduation students will be able to:
- Explain the major concepts in the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, and technology management.
- Evaluate the legal, social, and economic environments of business.
- Describe and explain the ethical obligations and responsibilities of technology in use.
- Apply decision-support tools to business decision making with effective oral and written forms of professional communication.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
- Lead individuals and teams in organizational environments to manage the performance of individual subordinates.
SCHEME OF STUDIES
|2||Principles of Management|
|3||Quantitative Techniques for Business|
|5||Basics of Electronics & Electrical Engineering|
|6||Macroeconomics of Pakistan|
|1||Islamic Studies &Ethics|
|2||Pakistan Studies &Institutions|
|3||Trends in Electronics Industry|
|4||Principles of Marketing|
|5||Accounting for Business|
|5||Marketing Research & Analytics|
|1||Management Control Systems|
|2||New Product Development|
|1||E-Business and Fin-Tech|
|2||Supply Chain Valuation|
|3||Business and Technology Strategy|
|3||Political Economy of Pakistan|
|1||Intellectual Property Rights and Patent Law|
|3||Business Proposal Writing|
LENGTH OF DEGREE PROGRAM
|Program||Duration (Minimum)||Duration (Maximum)|
|BS Management& Technology||4 years||7 years|
The criteria for students seeking admission to BS Management Science are as follows:
- HSC/ Intermediate / DAE or Equivalent
|Application Processing Fees (Once)||Rs. 2,500/-|
|Admission Fee (Once)||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Security Deposit (Once & Refundable)||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Tuition Fee (per year)||Rs. 74,000/-|
|Examination (per year)||Rs. 10,000/-|
fees Payment option
|Admission + Security (At the time of Admission)||15,000/- + 5,000/-|
|Monthly Installment (48 Installments: tuition fee + Examination Fee)||7,000/-|
Note: Any additional taxes imposed by the government will be the liability of the students/parents/guardian.
The University reserves the right to increase the fees if required according to the recommendation of the Governing Body.
At the time of admission, selected candidates will be required to deposit fee either under Option 1 or Option 2. Therfore monthly or semester fee will be deposited by students within two weeks of commencement of every semester in advance accoring to the official notification on the notice board. 2% surcharge per month will be levied on outstanding fees after the due date.
The students claiming exemptions from any course or courses will be required to pay exemption fee @ Rs. 2,500/- per subject in the beginning of semester.
Fees once deposited are not refundable, except security deposits, for any reason whatsoever.